Canyoning / Kloofing
Bushwhack through Karoo and fynbos • Abseil/Rappel down shear rock faces • Boulder-hop under the blazing sun • Swim through icy water • Bivouac under beautiful moonlit skies • Cook over an open fire • Fully or self-catered • Professionally guided
It’s Kloofing [Canyoning] the Nuy River Gorge!
- 2-day with overnight bivac or 1-day trips available.
- Guided (gear included) or self-guided (no gear rental!)
- Fully catered of pack your own options
- Small personal groups of 6 max.
- No compulsory High Jumps!
- A serious adventure!
- Guided trips can be arranged to suite your needs.
- Transfer to and from Simonskloof not included.
- Advanced booking is essential – min. 3 people.
- Kloofing/Canyoning season is End of October to April only.
“What an INSANE spot, can’t wait to come back” – Dave
“The most challenging experience of my life. I found myself doing things beyond my limits, discovering muscles I didn’t know I had…” – Stephanie
“I’ve wondered about the Nuy River Gorge Kloofing for so long, but this exceeded expectation, very special!” Fiona – OutThere Magazine
2 Day Kloofing Trip (2 days and 1 night e.g. Sat & Sun):
R2350.00 per person catered and guiding, abseil-gear, incl. (min. 3 persons)
R1750.00 per person self-catered & guided with special equipment (min. 3 persons)
1 Day Kloofing Trip:
This shorter version for the very fit only!
R1250.00 per person catered (lunch and well-done drink) and guiding, abseil-gear, all included (min. 3 persons)
R1050.00 per person self-catered, guiding, abseil-gear included (min. 3 persons)
Self-Guided Kloofing Permit:
For experienced groups of min. 4 persons and with own abseil gear (60m rope) only.
R 500.00 per person – over night
R 250.00 per person – day trip